SAN ANTONIO – Buena Vista | The Light of the World Church has decided to temporarily close its doors to help prevent and slow the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The temporary closure is in observation of recommendations made by the White House, the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Texas, the City of San Antonio, and other governmental entities.
- For WHO guidelines, please visit the COVID-19 page on the World Health Organization website.
- For CDC guidelines, please visit the COVID-19 page on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
- For White House guidelines, please visit coronavirus.gov.
May the CREATOR bless all the government and health agencies dealing with Coronavirus around the world!
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.I Timothy 2:1-2 NKJV
Our emergency measure has been implemented as part of an international effort by The Light of the World Church.
The official press release can be found below.
Following recommended measures to address public health issues related with the COVID-19 virus, The Light of the World Church would like to inform the general public as follows:
- All daily gatherings that are normally held in every temple worldwide have been temporarily suspended until further notice.
- Daily prayers will be broadcast via Internet to every member so that they may partake in hearing the word of God from their homes, where we will continue praying, for we are a Church of prayer.
- These measures have been implemented to protect the health of each individual. Along with other socially responsible institutions, it is also an act of solidarity with our communities.
- We will continue praying that God bless us all, and guide the government of every nation; we will especially pray for all medical personnel throughout the world, who are doing their utmost to protect the well-being of every person.
The Light of the World Church continues to pray that God’s blessing be upon us all, and we may soon overcome this health emergency.
Ministry of Public Relations
Los Angeles, California; March 16, 2020